Doulas of Regina is a non-profit, professional association. Our primary focus is to provide mothers-to-be with doulas who are professionally trained and active in the community. While our services are provided primarily in the city of Regina, we do have members who live and serve in other communities within Saskatchewan. Doulas of Regina connects women who want to become a doula, continue their education as a professional doula, or be part of a supportive community for doulas.
Doulas of Regina recognizes birth as a key life experience. We are committed to providing access to emotional and physical support for families, and creating a positive and informed birth experience. Doulas of Regina wishes to provide the opportunity for our members to gather, connect and learn from one another, striving for educational opportunities relevant to maternity care. Also, we desire to develop a membership base for professional conduct and practice within our community, nurturing a positive working relationship with other professionals in the health care field.
STATEMENT OF GOALS
- Provide a comfortable, friendly, and supportive organization in which members find mutual respect, a forum for sharing joys and concerns, and opportunities for and professional growth.
- Provide quality support for clients through the childbearing year.
- Establish and maintain a register of doulas.
- Maintain a non-profit status.
- Provide an online website with resources for clients, agencies and medical professionals.
- Communication with maternal-infant health professionals to enhance communication, understanding and commitment to labour, birth and postpartum support.
- Collaboration with individuals and organizations who share our commitment to improving maternal and infant health.
- Participate in, and provide education regarding doula support and services.
- Offer continuing education and resources to develop doulas and the labour support profession.
- Support research relevant to understanding and promoting doula support.
- Increase the number of trained doulas.
- All members must be professionally trained, with a minimum 16 hours workshop. Proof of training is required. Other equivalents may be considered by the Board.
- Newly trained doulas are welcome to join.
- Members live or work in the Regina area. Exceptions may be made through the Board.
- Members will engage with the group. Options include online communication, monthly meetings, social and educational gatherings, and/or public events.
- Members will act with integrity, complying with the Doulas of Regina Code of Ethics and Standards of Practise.