Doulas of Regina is a non-profit, professional association. Our primary focus is to connect women and families with professionally trained doulas who abide by a clear scope of practice and code of ethics.
Doulas of Regina is also committed to providing doulas with resources for training, continuing education, and networking opportunities.
While our services are provided primarily in the city of Regina, we do have members who live and serve in other communities within Saskatchewan.
Doulas of Regina recognizes birth as a key life experience. We are committed to providing access to emotional and physical support for families, and creating a positive and informed birth experience. Doulas of Regina wishes to provide the opportunity for our members to gather, connect and learn from one another, striving for educational opportunities relevant to maternity care. Also, we desire to develop a membership base for professional conduct and practice within our community, nurturing a positive working relationship with other professionals in the health care field.
STATEMENT OF GOALS
- Provide a comfortable, friendly, and supportive organization in which members find mutual respect, a forum for sharing joys and concerns, and opportunities for and professional growth.
- Provide quality support for clients through the childbearing year.
- Establish and maintain a register of doulas.
- Maintain a non-profit status.
- Provide an online website with resources for clients, agencies and medical professionals.
- Communication with maternal-infant health professionals to enhance communication, understanding and commitment to labour, birth and postpartum support.
- Collaboration with individuals and organizations who share our commitment to improving maternal and infant health.
- Participate in, and provide education regarding doula support and services.
- Offer continuing education and resources to develop doulas and the labour support profession.
- Support research relevant to understanding and promoting doula support.
- All members must be professionally trained, with a minimum 16 hours workshop. Proof of training is required. Other equivalents may be considered by the Board.
- Members must live or work in the Regina area. Exceptions may be made through the Board.
- Members must engage with the group. Options include online communication, monthly meetings, social and educational gatherings, and/or public events.
- Members must act with integrity, complying with the Doulas of Regina Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
2018-19 EXECUTIVE BOARD OF DIRECTORS: