Included in your annual membership:
- member profile page
- access to private forum
- access to clientele (some women choose to email and ask for the doulas to contact them rather than to contact individual doulas)
- meetings and gatherings a few times per year
- support and fellowship from other doulas
- a name tag to wear at births and public events
- opportunities to participate in group governance, including being part of the the executive board, committee work, and promotional work
Membership Requirements (effective January, 2014)
- Membership applications are subject to the approval by the Doulas of Regina Executive Board.
- All members must be professionally trained, with a minimum 16 hours workshop. Proof of training is required.
- Members must understand and agree to our group policies and sign a membership agreement.
- New members must pay an initial membership fee of $60.00. The membership fee for annual renewals is $45.00. Annual membership period is from October 15 to October 14. Membership fees are not pro-rated.
- Members must participate in the group – ie. through email communication, social and educational gatherings, and/or volunteering and attending birth-related public events