The Doulas of Regina Relief Fund is a program to provide doula support to women who can otherwise not afford it. The Relief Fund provides doulas with payment of $400 per birth. We recognize that this is below most doulas standard fee and it is, of course, optional to be part of the Relief Fund.
You must agree to the following terms if you wish to be a participating doula that will accept clients using the Relief Fund:
- I am an active member of the Doulas of Regina in good standing.
- I acknowledge that by agreeing to be on the Relief Fund list I am partially volunteering my time and services. This fund is not a top-up for my normal fee.
- I understand that the payment I will receive for taking on clients using the Relief Fund is $400. The Relief Fund will subsidize the difference from what the client is able to pay (if anything).
- I will not accept any payment from the clients using the Relief Fund.
- Upon being hired by the client, I agree to use the contract supplied by the Relief Fund Committee and follow the written procedure.
- I agree that if a client using the Relief Fund wishes to hire me and I am available that I will accept them. ** Of course, this is based on your connection with the client. You should never accept a client you feel uncomfortable working with.**
- I agree to be on the Relief Fund doula list for a 1 year term. The term runs from October-September.
- I acknowledge and accept that my name will be placed on the list given to approved Relief Fund applicants.