Online Birth Doula Training with Birth Ways International – June 2021
Attend this live-streamed weekend Birth Doula Training workshop by Birth Ways International from the comfort of your home. We’ve been training doulas since 2013 and offering online options online since 2015.
Whether you want to support a loved one through her birth; or you wish to start a career as a Doula, this training will give you all the tools, resources, and instructions for hands-on techniques to get started right away. It’s also a nice leg-up for midwifery school and the most thorough prenatal class around.
What’s more; you will be qualified to start taking clients immediately upon completion!
𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀: June 11-13, 2021
𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀: 6pm – 8pm (Friday night), 9am – 5pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Sessions will be divided with lots of breaks to recharge.
𝗟𝗼𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: Live-streamed from Regina, SK but you attend wherever you are.
𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿: A $200 deposit holds your spot and gives you immediate access to all the preworkshop materials
𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜:
At the end of this weekend training, your view of birth, women, birth practices, and where the power resides will likely be transformed forever.
At current rates, there are over 4,000 babies born in Regina annually and closer to 5,000 in Saskatoon. Only about 200 of those in each centre will be attended by a doula; and in fact, many rural areas have no doulas at all. So, there’s certainly room for more doulas!!
𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣:
● Role and responsibilities of a doula, scope of practice
● Working effectively with medical care providers and others that attend the birth
● Labour support tools, practical skills, comfort measures / coping methods to help women in labour
● Common interventions and informed decision-making
● Caesarean births and VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean)
● Self-awareness, including your motivation for doula work, your ideal client, your boundaries
● Prenatal and postpartum client visits
● Sensitivity & tools for working with client diversity/ families/ populations
● Coping & support of unexpected events
● Basic breastfeeding initiation
● Doula standards & professional ethics; working with integrity
● Effective communication – listening skills, impact of language
● Honouring individual birth process – memory of birth narrative
● Start-up and sustaining your practise (the birth work biz’)
● Certification choices and requirements
No matter who you are or what your status is, it’s never too early or too late to embark upon this path!
✧ Some have been to births before but most haven’t.
✧ Some are mothers and others are not.
✧ Rural and urban women attend.
✧ Some participants have no background knowledge or experience while others are healthcare professionals.
✧ We have young women, wise elders, and everything in between.
You belong in our circle!