Online Postpartum Doula Training with Birth Ways
Become a Postpartum Doula!
Attend this weekend online training workshop organized by Birth Ways International and you will be prepared to help women with everything postpartum – how to prepare for postpartum, how to make an effective postpartum plan, and how to thrive after a baby is born.
We are master doulas and instructors and have been training online since 2015 so we are experienced in making this a wonderful learning experience.
Whether you want to support a loved one through postpartum; or you wish to start a career for yourself as a Postpartum Doula, this training will give you all the tools, resources, and hands-on practice you need to get started right away.
What’s more; you will be qualified to start taking clients immediately upon completion!
𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀: November 27-29, 2020
𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲: 6pm – 8pm (Friday night), 9am – 5.30pm (Saturday & Sunday)
𝗟𝗼𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: your home. We are based in Regina, Sask but you take the training from the comfort of your home.
𝗙𝗲𝗲: $550 / $495 early bird rate if you register before November 6, 2020.
𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧: A $200 deposit holds your spot and gives you immediate access to all the preworkshop materials, including invitations to live preworkshop Q & A Zoom video calls.
𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 online: https://BirthEdSupportAngieKaren.as.me/PPDTnov2020
𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴:
Attending this training is a great way for you to begin your new birth business or expand the existing one.
Postpartum Doulas assist new families through a variety of hands-on practical skills, support, compassionate presence, and education. We see this as an exciting new-to-Saskatchewan field of doula support and we’re absolutely sure you’d love it!
At current rates, there are over 4000 babies born in Regina annually and closer to 5000 in Saskatoon. Only a very small percentage of those families are served by postpartum doulas; and in fact, many rural areas have no doulas at all. So, there’s certainly room for more doulas!!
𝗧𝗼𝗽𝗶𝗰𝘀 𝘄𝗲’𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲:
• Scope of practice and when/where to refer out
• Creating your menu of services
• Key doula standards, Code of Conduct and professional ethics; working with integrity
• Working effectively with medical care providers and others
• Postpartum support tools, practical skills, comfort measures / coping methods
• Self-awareness, your ideal client, your boundaries and biases
• Prenatal and postpartum client visits
• Postpartum recovery & care of mother
• Care and feeding of newborns
• How birth interventions & trauma affect postpartum care and recovery
• Warning signs for mother and baby
• Ideas for sibling and extended family
• Working with diverse clients, families, and populations
• Common concerns for new parents (informed decision making)
• Effective communication – listening skills, impact of language
• Honouring individual birth process – memory of birth, narrative
• Business start-up, payment options, and price range for Postpartum Doulas
• And more…
Some participants have been to births before but most haven’t.
Some are mothers and others are not. Rural and urban women attend. Some participants have no background knowledge or experience while others are healthcare professionals. We have young women, wise elders, retirees, and everything in between.
No matter who you are or what your status is, it’s never too early or too late to embark upon this path…and you’ll find others to make the journey more enjoyable for you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to virtually seeing you there!